Saturday, May 19, 2012

Towards the end of 2009 I started looking at my life and I started feeling like I was missing out on things with my kids. At the time my kids were 5, 3 and 18 months. I could already tell that I was going to have a hard time keeping up with them and I wanted to be more actively involved in their play. I also realized that since both my husband I were over weight the probability of our children being very overweight was much higher than I wanted to think about. So I talked to a friend of mine one evening and she told me how her son and daughter in law were using the Wii Fit Plus and they were losing weight. We didn't have much money to spend on "extras" so I didn't really think that was an option for me. I had talked to my doctor and he told me to go on Weight Watchers. But again, I didn't feel good about spending the money. In my past I had tried going to the gym and hadn't been very successful, so the idea of spending money every month on something and not seeing results again was just too much.

I did not have any medical issues that were demanding my attention to weight loss right this minute and dang it I really enjoyed that bowl of ice cream every night! But over the next few months the thoughts of needing and wanting to lose weight just wouldn't leave my head. So I started doing some research and I found that I could get a Wii from ebay for a little less than buying directly from the store. I still didn't have the money for it though...

No comments:

Post a Comment