Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Almost vacation time!

Boy oh boy do I miss my computer! You just don't realize how much you use it until it's not available. In the mean time though I'm plugging away getting ready for vacation. We are headed to the beach on Thursday and we have chosen to take most of our food with us rather than eating out. Not only is that a cheaper alternative but I can control how much fat I eat that way, for the most part anyhow. We will still indulge in a couple of meals eaten out but overall I will still be able to fix my lower fat meals and therefore not gain a ton of weight! We stay at a location that has a kitchen in the room and that is so helpful!

Yesterday I did the "Slim and 6 Pack" routine from the "Slim in 6" DVD and although it's only 15 minutes long I can tell you today that my abs are sore! It's a good sore though! :) I'm taking those DVD's with me and I plan to still work out. I used to think people who worked out on vacation and all that were crazy. They should just enjoy their vacation! But I have found that when I take a week off from low fat eating and working out it takes like a month to get back in the grove! I will admit that I'm not as strict when I'm on vacation, but I try to stick to things pretty closely.

I'm so excited to be going! We have been looking forward to this trip to the beach for a year now and I can't believe it's already time! I hope all of you are having a good summer and are finding successful ways to enjoy yourself without sabotaging your weight loss goals!

1 comment: