Saturday, June 9, 2012

A better week?

I knew there would be a good chance I wasn't going to be happy with my weigh-in on Monday morning. I had succumbed to a few extra yummy things over the weekend and I knew I would be paying for it. Yep, I was right. I had gained 1.5 pounds. Then to add to the fun of gaining weight my kids would not stop interrupting me during my workout that morning! I started my 30 minutes of cardio at 9am. At 9:25 I was still only 10 minutes into the workout! My heart rate was up though, just not from the workout! I decided to walk away from it at that point. Normally I don't do that, I push through even if it takes me over an hour to complete the workout. I try really hard to not "pause" the workout to take care of the kids. Instead I try to make them wait until I'm done. But some days the children just wont be put in second place. So Monday's workout was somewhat of a loss...oh well.

Tuesday I didn't feel well so I opted to skip my workout. In fact, I slept a lot! My wonderful husband watched the kids all morning and I napped for a good 2 hours! It felt wonderful, but I still felt a little guilty about not exercising so I made sure to stay within my points.

Wednesday I forced myself to get up and exercise although I really would have preferred to skip it again! Isn't that the way it always is? You skip one day and then you are sooooo tempted to skip again? Well I exercised and when I weighed in I was down .7 pounds. That was good news because that means I'd lost 1/2 of what I gained last weekend!

Thursday morning I weighed in though and was back up another 1.1 pounds. Ugh! I worked out hard but I know that stress and a lack of quality and quantity of sleep is really making this week a difficult one for weight loss.

Friday was not a good day again! I had a massive headache as soon as I woke up and I know I didn't get good sleep all night...so yet again I sluffed and didn't get my workout done. :( Bad me! I was careful on my points though, even with Will choosing pizza for dinner! I had one smaller slice of pizza and a large salad. I worked at a pizza place in high school and I could never understand why people came in and ordered salad with their pizza. Or why one person would order salad while everyone else ate pizza. Well, now I'm one of those people! lol

Today I did not do my regular workout. Instead we took the kids fishing. How is that a workout you may ask? Well we hiked about a mile in and a mile out...yes that is not much, but in my defense I was carrying about 30 pounds of stuff! :) Anyhow, it was better than no workout at all!

We'll see what the scale says when I weigh in next week! I hope all of you did or have plans to do something fun this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment