Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July at the Beach, and a tip for vacation....

Here's a little idea for vacation...if at all possible plan your meals ahead of time! We are staying at a Condo and there is a kitchen in our room so we are able to prepare our own meals! I know, vacation means not working...so why cook? Well it's a great time to have the hubby bar-b-que and by cooking instead of eating out all the time we not only save money but we eat healthier! It's really not that much work either! We brought a lot of food from home and then picked up a few other things from the local store. We have still had a couple of meals "out" but overall we are cooking and eating at the condo. Personally that helps me to not feel so guilty every time I sit down to eat! I'll admit, I haven't been the best with my food...but better than some might expect while on vacation! :)

I have been working out every morning though. I've been doing the first workout on "Slim in 6". Now some of you who have been following my updates might realize that I should have moved on to the "Ramp it Up" workout, but I planned when I packed for vacation to just continue doing this first workout because "Start it up" is only 30 minutes and "Ramp it up" is an hour. I figured that I would be doing really good if I could get my normal 30 minute workout done on vacation! I am proud of myself for doing it too! It's been tempting to skip it and sleep in, I mean I am on vacation! But I am having a great time and I feel so much less guilty about the peach cobbler and the whipped cream and chocolate that I've eaten!

I wish I had my computer with me and I could show you the beautiful pictures from vacation! Hopefully when I get home I'll have my computer back and I can show you what I've been up to! The other morning after finishing my workout I went on a great walk down the beach with my friend Kristal! We talked and talked, and this was no slow walk either, so I know I got an extra workout! We were gone for about an hour and it felt so good! Monday we drove up to Forks and La Push. We walked all over First Beach! What a beautiful beach! We have had such a great time! There is not much time for getting on the computer obviously. But that just means it's a good vacation!

Anyhow, I hope you all have a great 4th of July and stay safe!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'll bet the beach is nice. How's your ankle? Can it handle hiking now? Some ice hikes at the beach would give you a change from the DVD, although I'm a DVD fan too. Going to the gym takes soooo long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ankle is doing much better now that I've lost weight! I don't know how much hiking it would handle, but i hardly ever have problems with it anymore. We did tons of walking, even on the sand, and it didn't bother me at all! :)

    ReplyDelete