Monday, July 16, 2012

Out of the loop!

Man I just can't even explain how out of the loop I feel right now! It's been basically 3 weeks since our computer shut down. We thought it was the hard drive, but it wasn't (Thankfully!) Then we thought it was just the port that the hard drive plugs into....relief. Well that relief was short lived! Turns out the port is hardwired into the mother board and therefore we are forced to replace the mother board now! GRRR I am praying that we can get that done this week! I feel so cut off from the world and it's so hard to get things accomplished. You just don't realize how connected to the internet we all are until you have to go out of your way to go to the library and use the computer there! No more quickly looking something up on Google, or checking Facebook!

The hard part with keeping this blog up to date is that I don't have much time on the public computers...which means I don't have much time to go back and read my diary and copy and paste things so that I can continue relating my journey to you. So what I'm trying to do is just tell you how things are going now, and also pass on any tips I may think of!

Right now I'm really struggling because while we were on vacation at the beach my wonderful husband bought a huge bag of salt water taffy. Normally this is not a huge temptation to me. I mean I like it and everything, but I don't crave it. Well right now I find myself somewhat depressed and craving sweets really bad! I know a huge part of that is because I feel isolated and I have all this time on my hands that I usually spend on the computer. I have read so many books over the last few weeks that I'm kind of out of books! Ok not really, there are plenty of books on my bookcase to read, but nothing that has my attention right now! :)

So with all this time on my hands I am constantly fighting the urge to just grab one little taffy. I told my husband last night that those need to be hidden today so that I can't sneak any of them anymore! :) He just laughed at me. Oh well.

What do you do when you are feeling like this?

2 comments:

  1. I brush my teeth, or chew some gum. If I give in then I suck on it to make it last longer & leave the room so that when its gone i have to go back upstairs or whatever in order to get more. Usually by the time its gone I've occupied myself with something else and can resist getting more.

    ReplyDelete