Friday, August 17, 2012

Week in Review

Well the past 2 weeks have been a bit of a trial for me, temptations left and right! Last week it was ice cream....boy did I succumb to that! But it was good! :) I'm not against ice cream or anything, I love it! But I try really hard to limit how much I eat. Before I started my weight loss journey it was common for my husband and I to have a bowl of ice cream (a large bowl) every night after the kids went to bed. That habit or craving was pretty hard to break. Last week I admittedly ate more than I should have and I was worried that I was going to re-ignite that craving. I was kind of right. Yesterday, while at the store getting school supplies for the kids my husband wanted something for dessert and that ice cream was just calling my name!

Luckily, or maybe unluckily for me, he wanted donuts instead of ice cream. It has been a very long time since I had a donut, mmmm-mmmm good! I did stop after only one donut, but the rest of them are still calling my name! The kids were very excited to have chocolate donuts!

However, I weighed in this morning and sure enough, the ice cream and donut have added 1.3 pounds. Oh well. Nothing I can do about it now...just move forward and keep working out. That means I have 4 pounds to get back to my goal weight. I know that doesn't sound like much but since I haven't been at my goal weight since December it is very frustrating. My personal limit is 5 pounds so I just have to keep things in perspective! Next week we have to get back to our regular schedule because school starts the next week. I should be able to get back to a regular workout and sleep schedule and hopefully I'll get rid of those 4 pounds and keep them off!

**Edit** I just read this blog entry by Fit to the Finish and I thought it goes right along with my review so I'm sharing it. Check it out! 

3 comments:

  1. I am very guilty of that. It happens as soon as I start thinking about eating healthy - I go in and make a batch of muddy buddies and then eat most of it by myself. And it happens in that tired/bored afternoon time. I end up munching to entertain myself. I need to recognize it as bored and do something fun. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Late afternoon isn't the problem for me, it's the quiet evening hours when the kids are asleep and Larry is still at work! But I'm usually too lazy to make anything by then so if I keep healthy easy snacks handy then I am more successful! But it's a constant temptation!

      Delete
  2. I can so relate to this post and I know that I am not alone. It takes constant diligence and paying attention to what we are doing doesn't it? That can get tiring but it is definitely worth it! Thanks for the mention.

    ReplyDelete