Saturday, November 24, 2012

Post Thanksgiving

So how did all of you do over Thanksgiving? Our Thanksgiving dinner was great! Boy oh boy was it delicious! And the left overs the next couple of days were great too! I think I did pretty well watching the amount that I ate on Thanksgiving day, and even the day after...but today...well today is a different story. I decided to sleep in this morning and so I told the kids they could get a string cheese out of the fridge to eat while they waited for me to get up and make breakfast. When I got up an hour or so later I found that the kids had discovered the last pumpkin pie in the fridge. Did they eat string cheese? NO! hahaha They ate the pumpkin pie. My very helpful husband decided to just finish dividing up the pie at that point and so I took a piece too. I knew it wasn't a healthy start to my day, but it sure tasted good! And there was this little voice in the back of my head saying it wasn't so bad because this "pie" didn't have a crust...it was just the pumpkin filling. I know I know, that didn't make it "good for me" but it really did taste good!

Well that was the fist slip and it just continued all day...tonight my stomach feels very full and I am regretting some of the food choices I made. Nothing I can do about it now though except work harder tomorrow to get back on track. I will admit that I'm kind of afraid to weigh in and see what the damage is!

Did you stay strong? Or did that wonderful food get the better of you too?

No comments:

Post a Comment