Thursday, May 30, 2013

Happy Birthday and My Big Announcement!



Today is my 40th Birthday! Happy Birthday to me! While thinking about my upcoming birthday I started reflecting on the changes I've made in my life over the past few years. One of the main reasons I took this journey was to help ensure that I'm around to watch my kids grow up, but I was surprised to find an extra benefit. I found that I really wanted to share my story with others and help them on their own journey. So a year ago I started this blog and I've enjoyed writing here. I have found that it helps me stay motivated to stick with the changes I've made. I like reading other people's stories and offering/receiving support from others who are taking this journey too.

So this year I decided to take another step in that direction. I gave myself a sort of early birthday present and signed up to be a Beachbody coach! I am so excited about this next phase of my life! I am looking forward to having a more hands on opportunity to help others! Now you may wonder why I chose Beachbody. After losing some weight I hit a plateau, as most people do. I was more than half way to my goal but as soon as I stayed on that plateau for months I started to get discouraged. I felt like giving up. Not only giving up just on losing more weight, but on maintaining the weight I had reached too. I was beginning to feel like a failure and I wondered if I had been crazy to even think that I could really change.


That is when I was introduced to Beachbody. I approached a friend of mine for some advice on how to get off my plateau. At the time I didn't realize she was a Beachbody coach, I just knew she was knowledgeable about fitness and working out and I figured she would be able to help me. She recommended Slim in 6. I love this program! It really did help me move forward and reach my goal! I still use it often. As part of signing up to be a coach I ordered a new workout program, Hip Hop Abs. I'm excited to try a new program and start this new challenge. Join me and lets move forward together! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment